Killer Instincts by Elle Kennedy
I’ll admit that I was late to the party. I had never had the opportunity to read any books by Elle Kennedy before. When I received an email from the publisher asking me if I’d like to read the Killer Instincts series, I jumped at the chance. How could I possibly resist the hotties on the covers? Sexy ex-military hunks – I’m in. Gorgeous but lethal female assassins? I couldn’t wait to get my hands on these books. Let’s just say that I devoured these books, reading them all back to back, all in a two week span. Little else was done in the house. Dust bunnies flourished, dishes sat in the sink, and the dreaded laundry pile grew. I could not put these books down.
Don’t forget to read down to the end of the post where we have a giveaway for Midnight Rescue and Midnight Captive.
What makes this series so much fun to read?
- ACTION – Non-stop action everywhere. These characters are specialists in their field. They work as a team and you can expect a lot of bullets flying, explosions, car chases, the works. Not only is there action outside – the action inside the bedroom is swoon-worthy, but we’ll talk about that further down.
- EXOTIC LOCATIONS – Each book takes the reader on a trip to an exotic or far off location around the world. Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, New York City, Vermont, Belarus, Monte Carlo, Ireland – it’s always fun to travel vicariously through my favorite characters.
- REAL LIFE SITUATIONS – This series deals with crimes that are happening today – human trafficking and smuggling, hostages, drug dealing, the IRA and more.
- AMAZING LEAD COUPLE – Each book focuses on a different lead couple. No insta-love here, the author takes the time to develop the relationship. The couple do have an attraction but they need to work on it before anything happens. My favorite couple Noelle and Jim have a very strong love/hate relationship.
- COUPLE CHEMISTRY – Wow. Just wow. The lead couple in each book have incredible chemistry, especially Noelle and Jim. Only Noelle and Jim make everyone else around them feel their passion. The sex is hot and steamy and some of the furniture doesn’t survive. *fans self*
“Trust me kid, you’re about to see some serious sparks.”
“Oh, yeah. Their chemistry is off the charts. Makes you horny just being around them.”
“So they hate each other but still want to jump each other’s bones?” Ash said dubiously.
Liam shrugged. “Just the way it is . Some people are just hardwired to fuck each other.” – Midnight Action
Elle Kennedy’s Killer Instinct series would make a fantastic TV series – HBO, Netflix are you listening out there. There’s plenty of edge of your seat action, explosive moments, and some seriously hot sexy times as well. Romantic suspense lovers will definitely enjoy the series. My personal favorite was book 5 – Midnight Action.
Run, don’t walk to your nearest bookstore and get your hands on this hot little series. There are currently 6 books in the series with a 7th book planned for February 2016.
Now I’m off to find more of Ms. Kennedy’s books. You might not see me for a while.
Thank you to Berkely/NAL and NetGalley for review copies of these books.
The publisher Berkley/NAL has graciously offered a copy of Midnight Captive (book 6) and Midnight Rescue (book 1) to one lucky US reader. Winners must be 18 years of age or older to qualify. Please enter using the Rafflecopter below.
© 2015 – 2016, Badass Book Reviews. All rights reserved.