Badass Book Reviews Welcomes:
Today on Badass Book Reviews, we’re thrilled to have Susanne Lord stop by to celebrate her new release, In Search of Scandal. Susanne shares with us some of her favorite quotes from the book to give readers a sneak peek!
In Search of Scandal by Susanne Lord
Book #1 in London Explorers
Genre: Historical Romance
Publication Date: December 1st, 2015
Top 5 Favorite Quotes from In Search of Scandal
- ‘It was ludicrous. Men like him did not marry.’ Upon Will being mistaken by the butler as one of Charlotte’s suitors. I had to put voice to Will’s theme early on in the book, because in the end, Will very much becomes a man that does)
- “Then you see what you wish to see.” Will’s heated response to Charlotte’s protest that his travel journals are of educational value. I especially like this line as Will cuts right to the heart of Charlotte’s biggest flaw, and this is Charlotte’s theme throughout the book.
- “There’s nothing like the discovery of a hidden world… and you find yourself all alone in nature, in a world so vast—even God can’t find you.” In trying to persuade an investor of the excitement and adventure of exploration, Will can’t help but reveal the dark side of his recent expedition to Asia.
- “None of his teeth touch each other. It’s like a tooth graveyard.” Charlotte’s maid, Patty, expressing her dislike of one of Charlotte’s orthodontically-challenged suitors. I love the relationship between feisty Patty and Charlotte, which is full of love and a fierce loyalty.
- “Oh, honestly! It is not as if I have asked you to wear a pink pinafore and skip through Hyde Park with a hoop and stick.” Charlotte’s response to Will’s long deliberation of her “marriage requirement” that he bid her ‘good morning’ and ‘good night’ every day, with a kiss.
There you have them! Susanne Lord’s favorite quotes from the first installment of her new London Explorers series. We hope you’ve enjoyed this glimpse of Charlotte and Will!
About The Author
Buy In Search of Scandal today:
Series Reading Order:
1. In Search of Scandal
2. Discovery of Desire (Expected Publication: September 6th, 2015)
~ A BADASS GIVEAWAY ~
© 2015, Badass Book Reviews. All rights reserved.